Stand party - Use of stands outside the trade fair's run - 250 to 499m²
Important note on maximum number of guests
The maximum number of guests permitted for a booth party is 500. The maximum number of guests you can invite depends on your booth size: please allow max. 0.5 persons per square meter.
E.g. 9m² booth surface x 0.5 persons => max. 5 persons
The operator’s duties as per Section 38 paragraphs 1- 4 SBauVO (Special Building Ordinance) NRW will be transferred to the Event Manager as representative of the organiser. The transfer shall apply without limitation for all space used by him, for the structures and technical facilities set up on this space as well as their operation.
Accordingly, he is responsible in particular for:
- adherence to the applicable regulations concerning the safety of the event
- assumption of the duty to be present during operation as Event Manager
- discontinuation of operation if it is not possible to comply with operational regulations necessary for the safety of the event.
The duty to ensure safe passage for persons and vehicles on your stand space and all space used by your event shall remain with you as exhibitor/organiser. You shall indemnify Messe Düsseldorf against all claims of third parties in connection with your event. To protect your own interests, we recommend that you take out event liability insurance.
1. The following rules apply for use of stands outside of exhibition hours. In particular, the Technical Guidelines as well as the duties of the operator as per Section 38 paragraphs 1-4 SBauVO NRW* must be adhered to.
2. A maximum limit of 500 persons is hereby defined for the approval of a stand party. The maximum number of persons per m² is 0.5 and must not be exceeded.
3. Use of the stand is possible up to 10.00 pm at the latest. The limit time of 10.00 pm must be respected by all exhibitors. After 10.00 pm, you have the option of carrying out the necessary cleaning up work. You must leave the premises by 10.30 pm at the latest.
4. A corresponding number of security personnel will be provided by Messe Düsseldorf depending on the size of the event/stand. Messe Düsseldorf will arrange the security personnel. The costs of this are included in the remuneration defined.
5. As a fundamental rule, all aspects of the extended stand use must take place within the stand space rented for the event. Escape and emergency routes must not be included in the use and must not be built on or over. The operator of the extended stand use must ensure that alarm and security announcements can be heard by all visitors at all times.
6. If musical performances are arranged during the event, kindly comply with the obligation to register with GEMA (German Performing Rights Society).
7. Shuttle buses to the car parks will run up until 10.30 pm. The respective entrances and exits used for the event as well as the corresponding cloakrooms will be open until 10.30 pm.
8. Guests entering the exhibition centre prior to the close of the exhibition require a valid entrance ticket. Guests entering the exhibition centre after the close of the exhibition require a written invitation from the exhibitor extending the invitation. The security service cannot allow guests to enter without this invitation.
9. To enable problem-free entrance for caterers, musicians etc., please submit an informal request for an access pass by e-mail. In this respect, Messe Düsseldorf requires the registration number of the vehicle. Please also provide the contact person with identification including your stand number and draw attention to the fact that entrance is only possible via Gate 1. The catering or event personnel can park private vehicles in the large car parks.
10. Admission of hostesses: To ensure the smooth entry of hostesses, we should be grateful if you could order service tickets in advance, online (using OOS the Online Order System). A service ticket enables a hostess to enter the exhibition centre through the North Entrance that day, from 15:00 hrs. For security purposes, would you please give each hostess the mobile phone number of your stand management.
Please remember: You need service tickets for your hostesses.
These can only be ordered online, via OOS (Online Order System).
Service tickets are only valid for an approved stand party from 15:00 hrs. The ticket charge depends on use.
11. Extra costs may be incurred if areas and services in addition to the already rented stand space are required for a stand party. (e.g. outdoor space, power, water, etc.).
* SBauVO NRW (extract)
Section 38. Obligations of the operators, organisers and authorised parties of event locations.
(1) The operator is responsible for the safety of the event and for adherence to regulations.
(2) During operation of event locations, the operator or an event manager appointed by him must be present at all times.
(3) The operator must ensure that stewards, fire service supervisors and first-aid staff cooperate with the police, the fire brigade and the ambulance service.
(4) The operator is obliged to discontinue operation if the
installations, facilities or devices necessary for the safety of the event location are not operational or if operational regulations
cannot be complied with.
(5) The operator can transfer the obligations under paragraphs 1 to 4 to the organiser through a written agreement. This person, or the authorised parties appointed by this person to manage the event, must be familiar with the event location and its facilities. The responsibility of the operator shall remain unaffected.
Details of service partner Messe Düsseldorf GmbH:
Messe Düsseldorf is one of the 5 most successful trade fair organisers worldwide. Some 30.000 exhibitors present their products to 1.5 million trade visitors at events in Düsseldorf each year. About 50 trade fairs are being held in Düsseldorf, including 23 global leaders in five areas of expertise: machinery, plants and equipment, retail, trade and services, medicine and healthcare, fashion and lifestyle, and also leisure. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is the trade fair company wi... read more